HOW TO GET INVOLVED, RIGHT NOW
It costs $68,000 to put one child through the juvenile justice system — for the same amount, Spirit Awakening can implement an entire year of programming for 60 students.
Moving forward, we aim to build Spirit House, a small group home where young people can live safely with a kind, welcoming community, as an alternative to entering or remaining in the system. There, the life skills students develop in the Spirit Awakening program can be put into practice without fear, judgment or stress.
Supported by donors such as The California Wellness Foundation, Otis College of Art & Design, Agape Spiritual Center, The Cafe of Dreams and the Esalen Institute, we have spent the past 22 years helping the unheard harness the life-changing power of expression so that they can get out, and stay out of the cycle.
Where does your money go?
- The Winner's Circle Scholarship Fund
- Cultural & Service Learning Exchange Abroad
- 5-Day Tribal Oasis Retreats in Big Sur, California
- Spirit Awakening Foundation Publications
- Graduate Welcome Luncheon
- Community Service Saturdays
- Transportation for Youth
- Food for Mentoring Meetings
- Care Packages for Youth Returning Home
- Programmatic Expansion
- Employment Preparation
- And much more...
Interested in changing lives by donating?
Please send donations made through a check to:
P.O. Box 11643 Marina Del Rey, Calif. 90295
Thank you for any contribution you can offer.
Special thanks to our sponsors: